Local GriefShare Support Group
Griefshare: Surviving The Holidays Seminars
Visit holyfamilywoodruff.org for more information or call 715-356-6284 Lyn ext. 155 or Holly ext. 168.
Nov 12th & Dec 3rd
10am - 12pm
GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays is a helpful, encouraging seminar for people facing the holidays after a loved one’s death. Holy Family Catholic Church will be hosting this non-denominational seminar before the holidays on Saturday, November 12th and December 43rd from 10:00 a.m. until noon. These sessions will be held at Holy Family Catholic Church, 8950 County Highway J, Woodruff. Pre-registration is encouraged at least one week prior to the seminar date.
The cost is $5.00 to cover the cost of the Survival Guide that accompanies the seminar. Child care is not available.
The seminar features video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly on these issues:
- Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- How to handle holiday parties and invitations
- How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
- Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
Facial coverings and social distancing may be observed, as advised by local health authorities.
For more information and to register, call Holly Dionne (Extension 168) or Lyn Baumgartner (Extension 155) at (715) 356-6284.
Holy Family Offers Grief Support Program
Healing and Hope! Help and encouragement after the death of a spouse, child, family member, or friend.
Please join us, even if you can’t attend every session!
What you can expect:
- A non-denominational support group
- Biblical concepts for healing
- A warm, caring environment
- Perspectives from leading grief recovery experts
- Small group discussion
- Journaling and personal study exercises